In the credit note form, enter the following fields:
- Contact (required): the customer to which the invoice is addressed
In the invoice lines sheet, enter the following fields:
- Product (optional): a product for which the credit note has to be made
- Selecting a product will automatically fill the Description, Qty, UoM, Unit Price, Account and Tax Rate fields configured in the product
- Description (required): description of credit note item
- Qty (optional): quantity of items
- UoM (optional): unit of measure
- Unit Price (optional): price of credit note item
- Tax Rate (optional): tax rate to apply for the credit note item
- Amount (required): amount of the credit note item
If you just want to save the credit note and leave it in "Draft" status, click on the "Save" button.
If you want to approved the credit note, click on the "Approve" button. The status of the invoice will change to "Waiting Payment" and a journal entry will be created for that credit note.