To create a quotation, go to the "Sales" menu, then click "Quotations" and "New Quotation".
In the quotation form, enter the following fields:
- Contact (required): the customer to which quotation is addressed
- Expiry Date (required): the date until which the quotation is valid
In the quotation lines sheet, enter the following fields:
- Product (optional): the product that is sold
- Selecting a product will automatically fill the Description, Qty, UoM, Unit Price, Account and Tax Rate fields configured in the product
- Description (required): description of item that is sold
- Qty (optional): quantity of items sold
- UoM (optional): unit of measure
- Unit Price (optional): sales price of the sod item
- Tax Rate (optional): tax rate to apply for the sold item
- Amount (required): total sales amount for this item
If you just want to save the quotation and leave it in "Draft" status, click on the "Save" button.
If you want to confirm the quotation, click on the "Confirm" button. The status of the sales order will change to "Confirmed".
When the customer accepts the offer, the quotation can be copied to a sales order.