To create a purchase order, go to the "Purchasing" menu, then click "Purchase Orders" and "New Purchase Order".
In the purchase order form, enter the following fields:
- Contact (required): the supplier to which the purchase order will be sent
- Delivery Date (required): the date when the purchased items have to be delivered
In the purchase order lines sheet, enter the following fields:
- Product (optional): the product that is sold
- Selecting a product will automatically fill the Description, Qty, UoM, Unit Price, Account and Tax Rate fields configured in the product
- Description (required): description of item that is sold
- Qty (optional): quantity of items sold
- UoM (optional): unit of measure
- Unit Price (optional): sales price of the sod item
- Tax Rate (optional): tax rate to apply for the sold item
- Amount (required): total sales amount for this item
If you just want to save the purchase order and leave it in "Draft" status, click on the "Save" button.
If you want to confirm the purchase order, click on the "Confirm" button. The status of the purchase order will change to "Confirmed".
After the purchase order is confirmed, it can be copied to a supplier invoice and a goods receipt.