In the payment form, enter the following fields:
- Contact (optional): the supplier to which the payment was made
- Payment Type (required): select "Paid" to indicate that this was a payment paid to a supplier
- Payment Subtype (required): select "Direct Payment" to indicate that this is an expense for which there is no corresponding supplier invoice
In the payment lines sheet, enter the following fields:
- Description (required): description of the expense item
- Account (required): the expense account to use for that expense item
- Amount (Pmt Cur) (required): the payment amount for that expense item
If you just want to save the payment and leave it in "Draft" status, click on the "Save" button.
If you want to post the payment, click on the "Post" button. The status of the payment will change to "Posted" and a journal entry will be created for that payment.