In the invoice form, enter the following fields:
- Contact (required): the supplier from which the invoice was received
- Due Date (required): the date before which the invoice has to be paid
In the invoice lines sheet, enter the following fields:
- Product (optional): the product that is invoiced
- Selecting a product will automatically fill the Description, Qty, UoM, Unit Price, Account and Tax Rate fields configured in the product
- Description (required): description of item that is invoiced
- Qty (optional): quantity of items invoiced
- UoM (optional): unit of measure
- Unit Price (optional): purchase price of the invoiced item
- Tax Rate (optional): tax rate to apply for the invoice item
- Amount (required): amount invoiced for the item
If you just want to save the invoice and leave it in "Draft" status, click on the "Save" button.
If you want to approve the invoice, click on the "Approve" button. The status of the invoice will change to "Waiting Payment" and a journal entry will be created for that invoice.